Christiane is a strong advocate of setting the highest possible standards in all aspects of business, including absolute clarity and total transparency. If you have any further questions or require further clarification on any aspects of the Booking Information or Payment Information, please just ask.
- Appointment Booker is the person named in the Booking Confirmation to whom the email confirmation for the Booking is sent.
- Booking Confirmation is the Confirmation of Booking sent to the Appointment Booker, usually by email, to confirm full details for the booking and deposit payment.
- Total Booking Value is the overall value of a Booking including trials if requested, for all persons on the Booking Confirmation. This will exclude any additional charges made for time or travel if applicable, which will have been pre-advised to you by email or in writing.
- Booking Deposit is the payment to reserve your appointment. It will be deducted from the final payment due and cannot be used to offset trial payments if applicable. Booking deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Booking Deposit required will be advised in your Booking Confirmation.
- Christiane offers a high degree of flexibility with appointments. Requests can be made for bookings from Monday through until Sunday, including evenings and will be accommodated subject to diary availability.
- Christiane is Gender Inclusive and embraces diversity and individual uniqueness. Everyone is welcome.
- For weddings, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total booking value is required to secure your date. A further interim payment will be due at your wedding trial as advised to you in writing in the Booking Confirmation. The remaining balance will be due in full three calendar weeks prior to your wedding at the latest.
- For international clients, please transfer your payment in adequate time to ensure that all funds are cleared by this date.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to secure bookings for all other makeup services. Where a deposit is requested, cleared funds are required within 24 hours of the booking to guarantee the date.
- During Peak Season (Wedding/Prom/Ascot Week/December) it is not unusual that multiple booking requests are received for the same date/time and taking a deposit ensures that other clients are not disappointed unnecessarily.
- If a deposit is not taken, it may be requested retrospectively if further requests are subsequently received for the same day. This is to confirm your commitment to the booking.
- All Booking Deposits paid to secure dates for Weddings, Special Occasions, Proms, Photo Shoots & Makeup Lessons will be deducted from the final payment that is due, but will be non-refundable in the event of cancellation. The Booking Deposit is our commitment that the date has been reserved for you and that any subsequent requests for an appointment at the same time will be declined. It is also your confirmation to us that you are committed to the booking.
- Booking Deposits are not deductible from trial payments that are due, if this is applicable.
Timings on the day of your Booking
It is respectfully requested that clients are on time or ready for their appointment, whether this be at the Studio, on location or at your venue. Timings for every booking are clearly scheduled and advised in your Booking Confirmation prior to the event.
- A delay to an arranged arrival time could result in the following client being late for their event or cause delays to schedules, which is unfair. Also, a certain amount of preparation time is required in between clients. Whilst Christiane is always as flexible as possible if her diary allows, if a client is more than 15 minutes late there is a possibility that an appointment will be cancelled if this means that there is insufficient time before the next booking is due. Under these circumstances, any deposits or payments made will unfortunately be non-refundable.
Weddings & Location Bookings
- At weddings & special events it is imperative that schedules run according to time. Christiane cannot be held responsible for delays caused by clients or by other suppliers present on the day.
- Start and finish times are included in the Booking Confirmation, and additional time will have been incorporated to allow for the setup of kit, a sustenance break if required and to repack at the end.
- A specified time will be required to complete each makeup to a high standard, and this cannot be rushed. This time will be advised in the Booking Confirmation.
- Please ensure that everyone in your party is aware of the length of time required, their allocated time slot and is makeup free ready to start promptly.
- If time runs out as a result of a client not being available at their specified time, then there is a possibility that there will be insufficient time to complete all makeups in the booking. Under these circumstances, no refunds can be given.
- Whilst we will wait for the full duration of the agreed booking, time will not be extended to compensate for a late start, or it will impact later bookings.
Additional clients on the day
- We are happy to add additional clients on the day if time permits, but this cannot be guaranteed. Additional clients will be charged the full fee for the service requested and payment must be made at the time by BACS, Paypal or cash.
- Complimentary makeup touch ups are not available free of charge for people not included in the Booking Confirmation but can be added if time permits for the appropriate fee.
Minimum Booking Value
We have a minimum booking value of £260 for weddings during peak season and very busy periods. Please enquire and we will confirm whether this applies to your date.
UK Bank Holidays
Wedding bookings falling on UK Bank Holidays, plus Easter Saturday, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve will be subject to an additional £50 charge.
• New Year’s Day
• Good Friday
• Easter Monday
• Easter Saturday
• Easter Sunday
• Early May Bank Holiday
• Spring May Bank Holiday
• August Summer Bank Holiday
• Christmas Eve
• Christmas Day
• Boxing Day
• New Year’s Eve
- Strip Lashes are an additional charge for all makeup services including weddings, special occasions & makeup lessons, including trials. The price is based on the brand and quality of the lashes selected.
- A compulsory sensitivity patch test is required at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment, to minimise the risk of sensitivity or allergic reaction. If you are unable to attend in advance for a patch test, for instance you are travelling to the area for a special occasion, please let us know and we will advise accordingly.
Christiane is a highly qualified Professional Makeup Artist trained across a wide genre of makeup artistry specialities.
Although hair appointments are not offered Christiane is happy to recommend a local professional stylist if required.
- Ideally hair styling appointments should be first as water, sprays and heated appliances can spoil the makeup.
- For weddings in particular, Christiane has found that it works well to have separate makeup artists and hair professionals working together, particularly with larger parties.
If you change or cancel your Booking
- For Wedding Bookings, changes to your original booking require a minimum of 3 calendar months’ notice.
- Additions to the original numbers can be requested at any time and will be accommodated where possible but can only be guaranteed if time and resources allow and if Christiane deems that the quality of work will not be compromised.
- Reductions to numbers as stated in the original Booking Confirmation, or in subsequent requests from the Appointment Booker will require 3 calendar months’ notice or the full amount will still be due. At the time of booking, Christiane will allocate adequate diary time to ensure that each person in your party has the individual time and attention that they deserve. This will mean than subsequent requests for appointments will have been declined.
- In the event that there is a request made by the Appointment Booker to cancel a booking completely, then 3 calendar months’ notice is required, or the full amount will still be payable.
- Deposits are non-refundable & non-transferable under all circumstances.
- Amendments and cancellations must be confirmed by email as soon as possible. Amendments and cancellations received verbally, by text/WhatsApp/Facebook Messenger, or any other social media platform, cannot be accepted.
- Shellac Nail Treatments – Christiane respectfully asks for 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, to allow enough time for the appointment to be offered to another client. If a booking is cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice, then any deposit that has been paid will be retained as a cancellation fee.
Trials are not compulsory but are recommended to ensure that a style or look meets with expectations on the day. Clients frequently book their trials to coincide with another special occasion or a night out to take full advantage of the makeup.
Christiane will require a suitable environment to work at your venue. This will include:
- An area close to as much natural light as possible.
- An electricity power point.
- An adequate flat surface to set out brushes and palettes.
- If you become aware of any circumstances that may cause a delay to the usual travel time to your venue, for example road works, please do advise us in advance.
- It is extremely important that any known allergies or intolerances are advised to Christiane a minimum of 14 days in advance of the appointment day to ensure that these can be safely accommodated. Ideally this should be notified at the time of booking.
- Where a trial is also booked, the advice should be a minimum of 14 days before this date.
- For group bookings, it is the responsibility of the Appointment Booker to ensure that each person in the booking is made aware of this.
- Where a mileage charge is incurred it will be calculated on the basis of 45p per mile for the return journey from our base in Sandhurst, Berkshire to your chosen venue.
- For weddings only, travel to a venue of up to 10 miles is included where the Bridal Package has also been selected. All other prices, including all wedding trials are based on appointments at The Studio.
- For weddings, venues which are further than 10 miles will be charged on the excess mileage for the return trip and may also incur an additional charge to cover time.
- The charge will be dependent on a combination of the Total Booking Value and the additional time away from the Studio that will be necessary when travelling greater distances. This is particularly relevant to National Bookings.
- Full details will be given at the time of your enquiry and confirmed in writing as part of your Booking Confirmation.
- Where more appropriate, the Mileage Charge may be substituted for transport by Rail/Underground & Taxi, particularly for London Bookings.
- For London Bookings there will be an increased rate to cover the additional travel time and Congestion Charge – Please enquire.
Christiane is mindful of keeping any additional costs to a minimum, however, where distance, the start time required or other circumstances dictate that it is not practical to travel to your venue on the day, then the Appointment Booker will be responsible for covering all travel, hotel accommodation and sustenance costs relative to the accommodation secured.
- Sustenance costs are breakfast, lunch and dinner and soft drinks. Preferential rates can usually be secured for guests or staff of the Bridal Party at the wedding venue.
- This may also include closer venues where severe weather conditions have been forecast to ensure that Christiane arrives safely and without delay on your special day.
- Where an assistant is also in attendance, accommodation on a shared basis is acceptable, so only one room will be required.
- Where Hotel Accommodation is required, this will also include all transport costs from the hotel to the venue and return, should the two not be the same. Organisation and payment for any transport will be the responsibility of the Appointment Booker.
- All costs detailed above must be settled directly between the Appointment Booker and the hotel/taxi firm/service supplier in advance.
- Confirmation of accommodation arrangements and settlement/pre-authorisation of charges by the Appointment Booker must be confirmed to Christiane in writing a minimum of 2 weeks before the event.
For International Bookings and Destination Weddings, the Booker is responsible for paying all of the costs associated with us travelling to and staying at your location, in addition to the charge for the provision of your Makeup Services.
This will include, but is not limited to:
- All transport costs.
- Return flights and Airport Taxes.
- Tourist Cards or Visas, if applicable.
- Taxi transfers to and from the airport, in the UK and at your destination.
- Taxi transfers to and from the hotel to your wedding venue (if the two are different) or to other hotels for pre-wedding trials, if requested.
- Hotel accommodation at your location.
- If your hotel is not all-inclusive, a daily meal allowance. This will be dependant on the costs at your location, which can vary from country to country.
- Vaccination costs, if required for your destination
- Written confirmation of all arrangements and settlement of these fees will need to be provided to us a minimum of 4 weeks before leaving the UK.
- Full details of charges, or services that you will need to arrange or settle will be provided in your Booking Confirmation.
Cancellation by us
Fortunately, it has never happened, but in the unlikely event of unforeseen or unfortunate circumstances which are beyond our control, we reserve the right to cancel your Booking.
Examples of this could be:
- If extreme weather conditions dictate it is unsafe to travel, as indicated by a Meteorological Office “Red Warning – Do Not Travel” (particularly relevant for National or International Bookings).
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) have advised that is not safe to travel to a foreign destination (relevant to International Bookings).
- Cancellation or delays to flights, which are beyond our control.
- Accident or serious illness which make it impossible to attend.
Under these circumstances the deposit payment will be refunded in full. This will be the limit of any liability to the Appointment Booker or any other persons affected in the booking.
For wedding bookings, it is strongly recommended that a Wedding Insurance Cover is taken out with a reputable insurance company to protect your special day against any unforeseen circumstances that could arise with any of your wedding suppliers, your venue, your close wedding party or indeed yourself.
A Day Rate of £350 may be agreed subject to assignment, hours and location for Photographic Shoots or Commercial Bookings only. A travelling fee, hotel accommodation & expenses may also be applicable depending on location. Please enquire.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of issue and must be redeemed in full at the time of your appointment.
- Unfortunately, Gift Vouchers are not transferrable.
- No refund will be due should a less expensive service be chosen than the one stated on the voucher, although a higher price service may be selected, subject to payment of the additional balance.
Shellac Nails Aftercare Advice
- Shellac Nails can last for up to 14 days, if you give them the recommended care and attention during that time. This means you must add a little protection to your nails when doing tough jobs like household cleaning and gardening, hobbies that are rough on your hands or using harsh chemical products.
- Please take time to read our page on Shellac Aftercare to help maximise the life of your Shellac Manicure.
- If something you have done has caused a chip or lifted an edge of your Shellac manicure, please do not pick or pull at the area, as this will cause any damage to increase. Please message us so that we can assess the nail and decide if a repair is necessary. Please note that repairs will be chargeable.
Photographic/video images of clients and members of the booking or taken at trials and events may be published on our website and on our Social Media & Networking Accounts for marketing purposes, unless consent is expressly withdrawn in writing. Please let us know in advance if you would prefer not to be photographed.