Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention & Control Policy
Christiane Dowling Makeup Artistry
I am really missing all of my clients and am looking forward to seeing you again as soon as current restrictions allow.
Latest government advice is that the Beauty Industry come under Phase 3 of the three stage plan to ease restrictions on lockdown. This means that I will not be in a position to reopen until Saturday the 4th of July 2020 at the earliest. When that time arrives, my priority is to keep you as safe as possible.
During the time when I have been closed, I have completed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course which is accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd and prior to re-opening I will have implemented my Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention & Control Policy, with a number of changes and procedures for your additional health and safety.
Take care and I hope that you and your families remain safe and well through this difficult time.
- Should I feel ill or have any symptoms of C0VlD-19, then I will immediately self-isolate for the required time. This may mean that your appointment is cancelled at short notice but it is done entirely for your own safety.
- Likewise, if you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 – please advise me as soon as possible. I understand that it is very disappointing, especially if it is for a special occasion, but unfortunately you will not be able to attend for your appointment. For Make Lessons, I will do my utmost to reschedule your appointment for as soon as possible after the required 14 day isolation period has elapsed.
- The World Health Organisation has listed some of the most common symptons of CoVID-19 as fever, dry cough, and tiredness. Other symptoms that are less common and may affect some patients include aches and pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell or a rash on skin or discoloration of fingers or toes. These symptoms may be mild and can begin gradually.
On the Day of Your Appointment
- I have carried out a thorough risk assessment of all of the services which I offer and am confident that I can continue to provide these safely.
- For your safety and to maintain social distancing, I would ask that you attend your appointment as close to the appointment time as possible and that you come alone. Please do not turn up early as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients who are just leaving. To minimise risk, children must not attend appointments with you.
- For weddings, appointments on location and group bookings, I will set up in as quiet an area as possible or ideally in a separate room if there is one available, away from clients and other professionals working on the day. Clients will be asked to come individually for their makeup at their scheduled time, which will be clearly advised. To maintain social distancing, observers or others present who are not having makeup on the day, will not be permitted.
- On your arrival, before entering the Studio (or before starting your makeup if at a location booking) your temperature will be checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer. As this is one of the common symptoms of Coronavirus, if an increased temperature is detected then unfortunately I will be unable to proceed with your booking at that time. A minimum of 14 days must have elapsed before an appointment can be rescheduled.
- I understand the importance of hand hygiene and will ensure that I have washed my hands thoroughly in accordance with NHS recommendations just before you arrive.
- I have increased the frequency of cleaning in the Studio including making sure that common surfaces, toilets door handles etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
- All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions for your safety.
- You will have access to soap and hot water to wash your hands on arrival and hand sanitiser will be available. For location appointments, please ensure that you wash your hands immediately before coming for your makeup slot to minimise the risk of touching other surfaces while waiting.
- I understand and will not be offended if you wish to wear disposable gloves during your appointment should you wish to. I would ask that only a new pair of disposable gloves are worn and that you do not put these on until you arrive at the Studio, to eliminate any risk of prior contamination.
- Please don’t be surprised or upset if I use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit. This may include disposable gloves and a facemask where appropriate.
- I can confirm that the laundering of towels and uniforms is a priority and that all laundry is washed daily at 60 degrees Centigrade, as recommended.
- All disposable items are bagged and safely removed between each client.
- Unfortunately I won’t be able to offer refreshments, but you are welcome to bring along your own bottled water if you would like to.
I will do all that I can to make your appointment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns, please do let me know and I will do what I can to help.
- In order to avoid handling of cash, I would ask that you pay for your makeup in advance of arriving for your appointment by BACS transfer or Paypal.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and mine. I will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and make any further amendments as required.
Thank you for your understanding and stay safe.
Last updated: Saturday 23rd May 2020